HOW CAN I BE SAVED?
1. Admit that God is right. We all have done something that displeases God. God calls it sin. Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
2. Admit that we need for forgiveness. Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord".
Our sin separates us from God!
3. Admit that the forgiveness we need is in Jesus. Ephesians 1:7: "In whom (meaning Jesus) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins".
1. Believe that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross. Romans: 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
2. Believe that God gives us the free gift of eternal life and heaven. John 3:15: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life".
3. Believe that Jesus rose from the dead. The women were told in the garden, "He is not here, He is risen". Jesus has life and He gives life. Do you want to receive the gift of eternal life and a relationship with Jesus?
1. Confess our faith in Jesus. This means that we are willing to turn from our sins. The Bibles word for turn is repent. Luke 13:3: "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish".
2. Confess you are willing to turn to Jesus by receiving Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:12: "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name".
3. How do we turn to Christ and receive Him as Lord and Savior? By confessing to and believing in Jesus. Romans 10:9: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."